At AgriForest Bio-Technologies, our philosophy is one of constant improvement. This is evidenced by our commitment to R&D, by our evolving products and services designed to meet changing industry needs, and most importantly by the people who we are proud to call our employees.
Although the AgriForest team is made up of a diverse group of people, with varied cultural, educational, and vocational backgrounds, there is a common thread. We are all highly motivated, we are dedicated to integrity in all that we do, and we have an entrepreneurial spirit. And, of course, we all love plants!
AgriForest is a growing company, and we are always on the look out for qualified individuals in the following areas:
Research and Development
The ideal R&D candidate possesses a graduate degree in biology, specifically botany, with experience in plant tissue culture, preferably in a commercial environment.
The ideal laboratory production candidate possesses an undergraduate degree in science and has experience working with sterile techniques. Candidates must be mature, reliable, meticulous, and have a keen interest in working in a laboratory setting.
Marketing and Sales
The ideal marketing and sales candidate possesses a minimum of three years of sales experience, preferably in the horticulture or agriculture industry.
The ideal greenhouse production candidate possesses a minimum of three years of hands-on, practical experience in greenhouse production. A degree or diploma in horticulture is preferred.
We invite qualified individuals to submit a resume by mail, fax, or email. No phone calls, please. Although we may not necessarily have openings at the time of your application, we will keep your resume on file for 6 months. We thank you for your interest in AgriForest, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
CURRENT POSITION AVAILABLE
Posted on June 3, 2019
Biological Technologist (NOC 2221)
AgriForest Bio-Technologies Ltd. a Commercial Tissue Culture Facility in Kelowna, BC is seeking a reliable and experienced individual for a fulltime position of a Biological Technologist.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Biological Technologist involves in Research and Development activities in the laboratory and the greenhouse. This is a research focused position that will work closely with the Senior Scientists. He or She will be responsible for:
- Development of Tissue Culture protocols for commercially important tree fruits and other horticultural plants.
- Assisting in development of bioreactor-based tissue culture production system and implementation of the technology for commercial production of fruit trees and berry crops.
- Continuous improvements of plant quality and the production efficiency through development of improved potting substrates, agricultural practices and the acclimatization of processes of tissue cultured plants under the greenhouse environment.
- Development and implementation of an effective Integrated Pest Management (IPM) protocols
- Training of personnel in newly developed technological know-how.
- Data collection and recordkeeping on regular basis.
Biological Technologist Requirements:
- Bachelors in Agriculture or Sciences or Master of Science degree (M.Sc.) in Plant Sciences with a focus on Plant Tissue Culture (or Applied Science)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a commercial plant tissue culture
- Knowledge in modern plant tissue culture technologies such as Bioreactor based production system will be an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Salary and benefits:
We offer an annual salary of $56,000 + benefits
If this sounds like a fit, we’d like to hear from you. Please fax resume to (250) 764-2224, mail to 4290 Wallace Hill Road, Kelowna, V1W 4B6, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.